Without further ado, your 2011 Detroit Lions, as they exist post-draft, as graded by Pro Football Focus:
click for big
- All of the above colors represent that player's Pro Football Focus "overall" grade for 2011.
- The grades have been banded into tiers, one half of one standard deviation from the mean for each position. Green is good, Red is bad, Gray indicates insufficient 2010 snaps, a rookie, or a hazy depth chart.
- The main (inside) color is the presumed starter for 2011. The exterior ring is the presumed backup.
- As a reminder, PFF's overall grade weighs penalties strongly; Corey Williams would be several tiers higher if not for his 13 penalties. PFF’s grade also tends to value consistency over sporadic big plays.
- Brandon Pettigrew is the “starting” TE; Tony Scheffler the #2.
- Nate Burleson is the #1 X receiver and #1 Y receiver; I anticipate he will be the X in 2-WR sets and Y in 3-WR sets.
- Titus Young is the #2 X receiver and #2 Z receiver; I anticipate he will be the X in 3-WR sets.
- Jahvid Best is the #1 RB; Mikel LeShoure the #2.
- Quarterback data is not normalized, so I have not included it.
- Corey Williams is the starting Nose Tackle (1-technique); Sammie Hill the #2.
- Ndamukong Suh is the starting Over Tackle (3-technique); Nick Fairley the #2.
- KVB and Lo-Jack are the #1 and #2 LDEs, respectively.
- Cliff Avril and Willie Young are the #1 and #2 RDEs, respectively.
- Bobby Carpenter and Ashlee Palmer are the starting RLB and LLB, respectively.
- Chris Houston is CB1, Nate Vasher CB2, and Alphonso Smith NCB.
- Amari Spievey is the LS, and Louis Delmas the RS.