Everyone is decrying the possibility that Brett Favre will return--and then play for the filthy Vikings--but I offer a list of reasons to embrace it:
1) The Vikings have a legitimately elite defense, and arguably the best running back in the game. Favre would have an excellent chance to contend for and win a second Super Bowl, cementing his rightful legacy as one of the very best to ever play the game.
2) If the Vikings win it all this year, and Brett hops onto his tractor and rides off into the sunset, the Vikes will happily sign up for four more years of Rosenfels, Jackson, and Chillyball.
3) The NFC North will boast four of the strongest arms in football. All the teams may or may not suck, but they'll all be entertaining.
4) If Favre falters, it will completely torpedo what would surely otherwise be a deep playoff run for the Vikes--and it might get get Childress fired. Schadenfreude!
5) It will really, really, really irritate Packers fans.